Tuesday, August 24, 2010

When in doubt...

This morning I'm thinking about all the new babies in our community in the past couple weeks AND all the ones just around the corner. Today I want to say to all the mamas of new babies, "When in doubt, take a nap."

It is really true, so many things will go better if you grab those naps when you can. NO GUILT ALLOWED.

If you have a toddler too, this is sometimes so hard. They both get to sleep at once and there are a million things you feel like you should do. Don't do them. Sleep.

I promise you--for the first three months at least--you will not regret it. Your husband will thank you. Your body will thank you. Your milk production will be better. Your joy will be better. I could go on and on.

With love and wishing you happy napping,
Carrie

1 comment:

Callie Boisture said...

I wish I had read this last week :) Thank you for your posts, Carrie!